Asbestos Removal Course in Gold Coast
Removing asbestos from buildings in Gold Coast is a complicated thing to do. You can’t just simply uninstall the products contained asbestos without training. You can’t even handle the products using improper tools. It needs skills and preparation to perform an asbestos removal.
There are two classes of licence which are qualified to remove asbestos products; A Class and B class. Both licences have their own asbestos specifications to remove. A Class licence is available for all kinds of asbestos removal work, especially friable asbestos work. While on the other hand, B Class can only remove non-friable asbestos.
You’re probably once thinking to remove the products alone; Hold that thought! Always remember that you can only remove less than 10 square metres of non-friable asbestos. You are prohibited to handle friable asbestos in all sizes by yourself. Mishandling the products can get you in a lot of trouble. Instead of cutting budget, you can get charged with fines for handling them illegally.
If you’re 18 years old, you are eligible to apply for an asbestos assessor. You must be at least 18 years old to be an asbestos supervisor. So, what else do you need to become a certified removalist?
A Class Licence
This licence is specified for removal businesses. Through this licence, you can remove all types of asbestos in any scales, including to execute B Class asbestos removal work. The A Class licenced nominated removalists must meet these requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Experienced in industry work for at least three years
- Certified in CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos and CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal.
Friable asbestos is a product which formed as powder or easily to get crumbled, reduced to a powder or pulverized using hand pressure when dry. This kind of product must get through special treatment.
B Class Licence
This licence can only cover the removal work of non-friable asbestos. It is qualified to handle any asbestos dust or debris from the non-friable asbestos removal process. However, it can’t support the removal of all friable asbestos types. The B Class nominated removalists must follow the applicable requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Experienced at least one year in relevant industry work
- Obtain CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos or CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos certification.
The applicant of B Class Licence asbestos removal does not require Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
Non-friable asbestos includes fibro or asbestos cement sheeting. You can find this kind of sheeting as fences, roofs, cladding and can also be see it in kitchens and bathrooms. The material was popular before 1980, thus you can find them easily in old building houses.
Now you know the difference between both removal licences, see the following steps to apply the certification:
- Step one: Open the website of Worksafe Queensland www.worksafe.qld.gov.au and download the form. They provide both forms of asbestos removal type.
- Step two: After filling-in the application form, you can submit it to the WHSQ. Don’t forget to also attach the needed documents and pay the register fee.
- Step three: You can now wait for WHSQ to contact you if they require further information from you.
- Step four: If everything goes well and your application is approved, WHSQ will immediately issue a licence to the person conducting a business (PCBU).
You must contact the Australian Securities and Investments Commission as well as the Office of Fair Trading to register a business service of asbestos. But, if you want to remove small quantities of asbestos in your house, you are eligible to remove less than 10 square metres non-friable asbestos product.
However, even when you can remove the asbestos product without any licences. You must keep following the regulations applied for removing asbestos safely. It will always be the best option to contact a professional removalist to handle your asbestos problems.
There are still many things you need to consider when it comes to handle the harmful products. Through professional removalists you don’t need to be worry for fines and criminal charges. Your safety will also be their highest priority. Thus, trust professional removalists to save your day from asbestos!