What is an Asbestos Management Plan?
An asbestos management plan helps with the management of buildings to prevent exposure to airborne asbestos fibres. A company must take reasonable steps, such as labeling and recording in a register, informing everyone on site where there is asbestos present and about potential consequences from exposure, and other appropriate controls.
The asbestos management plan must:
- Outline procedures in the event of asbestos related incidents and emergencies including who is responsible and for what.
- Information, consultation, and training responsibilities for workers carrying out asbestos related work.
- An outline of how asbestos risks will be controlled including the consideration of appropriate control measures.
- A timetable for managing exposure risk including dates and procedures for the review of the asbestos management plan and activities that could affect the timing of a review.
- Outline who is responsible for certain activities and their responsibilities.
- Include air monitoring procedures at the workplace, if required.
Where asbestos may be found in your workplace?
Here’s where asbestos commonly found on a workplace:
- Coating sprayed on beams for fireproofing
- Fire Doors
- Wrapping on pipes and boilers
- Loose-fill insulation in the roof cavity
- Sheeting in walls and ceilings
- Pits and Pipes
- Bathroom and all Wet Area’s
- Soffits and Facia Panels
- Entry Canopies
- All Vinyl Flooring and Glues
- Roofing Materials
- Electrical Switchboards
Why does your workplace need an Asbestos Management Plan?
- Reduce your risk of insurance claims for non-compliance.
- Avoid the risk of being fined.
- Prevent stop-work action by unions.
- Minimise any health risks and liability from asbestos exposure.
Asbestos Watch Gold Coast can help you set up a customised, site-specific Asbestos Management Plan that complies with Queensland regulations.
Asbestos Management Plans by Asbestos Watch Gold Coast
The objective of an asbestos management plan is to keep workers and contractors safe from any asbestos exposure that might exist on a business premises. The management plan directs the business responsible for how to name and record asbestos in a register. What do we provide:
An asbestos register with free asbestos testing included
Fast and accurate job estimates
We are fully licensed and insured
Gold Coast’s #1 Asbestos Register and Management Plan Services
Asbestos Watch can help you create or update an asbestos management plan. We want to help you deal with asbestos in your workplace successfully. Our Asbestos Management Plan Team will work with you through the entire project to make sure you’re fully compliant. Furthermore, our team of experts is always available to offer any ongoing help as part of our commitment to you.